Manpower are excited to be working alongside an industry leading client with over 100 years experience within their trade, who are now looking for a new Distribution Shift Manager to join their team due to retirement.
They are looking for an inspirational manager who can sometimes distance themselves from the shop floor, overseeing a team of 3 supervisors, and 25+ staff.
Package on offer
Rotational Shifts on a weekly basis (8 hours)
Must be available between the hours of 0800 & 2200.
A bit about the role
- Manage the operational day-to-day activities including processes within the Distribution Centre.
- Ensure the correct resources are deployed successfully to complete all tasks, i.e. people, equipment etc.
- To promote a safe working environment and ensure safe working practices are adhered to taking appropriate action in line with company procedures in the event of health & safety breaches.
- Be responsible for maintaining Health & safety records and use Lean Methodology to assist in improving the process with Gemba walks.
- To proactively identify and flag problems and to ensure these problems cause no disruption to customer service levels.
- To monitor performance of individuals and teams, providing feedback, coaching and mentoring and training to facilitate improvement and development.
- To support the Distribution Manager in managing absence & in managing poor conduct through the Company Disciplinary Policy and Procedure.
- To promote and create a continuous improvement culture through identifying areas for improvement.
- To deputise for the Distribution Manager as required.
- A minimum of three years previous experience of managing a shift within a manufacturing or distribution or similar environment.
- Managing People, including absence, performance and disciplinary experience.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent IT Skills essential, including a working knowledge and understanding of ERP Systems.
- IOSH or similar health & safety management qualification.
- Management Qualification (preferably level 3 or above)
- Experience of implementing new WMS'